Cant connect to database after migrating to new panel

Hello.
I backed everything up, site and database. deleted my account and logged in to new panel. So far so good, i uploaded the backed up site, created a database and imported the backup. I edited the login info to the correct user , pass and database name and kept server as localhost but still cant access the database. tried making a new one and a fresh e107 install but still cant access any of the databases.

http://beardawg.site40.net/e107/
Can you post the script…where you are trying to connect to the database??

heres the info from the config file.

$mySQLserver = ‘localhost’;
$mySQLuser = ‘id1162233_xyz’;
$mySQLpassword = ‘test123’;
$mySQLdefaultdb = ‘id1162233_zyx’;

its where the script gets the info from.

Its a premade website, e107. I had an old version running on the old panel, also tried to set up a newer version but didnt work either, says i cant connect to the database.

Make sure you have used correct db password.
Else Try again after changing the password.
“Manage Database” – “Manage” – “Change Password”.

Thanks, im using the correct password.

Edit: I tried changing password, still cant get in.

Your database is empty, you have to migrate database.

I have migrated it, just that ive set two up, one for a fresh install, still cant log in. And that has nothing to do with me not being able to log into the database.

Message sent. :clock1030:

I set up an external database and could connect, still no go with the localhost database. Also have another issue, if a file is empty the upload manager thinks its a folder, this becomes an issue when creating a new site.

What is your website address?

What appears on visiting your site after uploading the backup and having imported your e107 mysql database?

Have you tried 000webhost.com > general settings and selecting a new PHP version?

You cannot remotely connect to MySQL databases on 000webhost anymore - the only way to manage is “Manage Database” and select your database and phpMyAdmin.

upon visiting the website an error saying i cant connect to the database appears. also i have seem to have no privileges in the database, is that correct?

Error reported as: [7]: mySQL is running but database () couldn’t be connected to.
Please check it exists and that your e107_config.php contains the correct information.

is the error I get from my site. Well I did connect to a remote database on a different host just fine earlier, the website is built on an old platform so it doesnt work correctly anyways. im probably just gonna make a new one now when moving but i cant connect to localhost with a new build either.

Different hosts may allow RemoteMYSQL but 000webhost have it blocked unless you are a premium member.

Make sure the config file has your username and database name and password from 000webhost.com > manage databases > localhost is the new host for databases.

Thanks, the information in the config file is accurate but still cant connect to the database.

Can you screenshot the error you get?

I have similar problem with the website moro-canchi.com.ar

I would greatly appreciate your help, for a solution asap.
Best regards.
Fabio.

Can you post the rest of the config file?

Have you tried changing your PHP under general settings to the PHP version 5.2/3/4

Me and nfmoro have the same setup and same problems it seems. [quote=“Infinity, post:17, topic:56343”]
Have you tried changing your PHP under general settings to the PHP version 5.2/3/4
[/quote]

I dont know about nfmoro but ive tried this without success

Can you guys post the rest of the e107 config file?

Can you guys click manage, reset password to like testme123Aa then wait five minutes - and then put this into the configuration file and try?

This the configuration file that e107 system generate automatically in local computer, after upload it to the public_html folder, I have to customize some parameters (Server_name, user_name, database_name, etc.) according to data provided by your system.