Unable to change my email address registered with my account

My current email address is being shut down.

I need to change the email address that I have registered with for our church website, you as the company EE is closing it down

I have tried logging in and changing it, but cannot see how to do that.

I have looked at the forum options and none of them work, I even tried that migration to new panel, but each time I log back in, I am back with the old panel and unable to change my email address

I have been unable to do this myself, trying to follow what has been put on the forums
I tried emailing contact@000webhost.com and got directed back to the forum,

You can’t change email id on old pannel…till your migrate to new pannel!!!
Or you can have another account with 000webhost with the new email id and host your website!!!

How do you migrate to the new panel?

I tried yesterday, but when I log in it sends me back to the old one

What am I doing wrong?

How am I supposed to migrate to the new panel so I can get it when I log in.

If I sign up to a new account what happens to the website I manage on the old one and it’s URL? It is a church website so many people have that web address?

You have to wait…your account will migrate to new panel automatically.
If I sign up to a new account what happens to the website I manage on the old one and it’s URL? It is a church website so many people have that web address?
You can remove your domain parked on your old panel and then after creating new account…you can again park your domain on the new panel.
Also transfer your files from old account to new account!!!
This way your issue will be solved!!!

Sorry to be the dolt and the bear of little brain, but how do I do that?

Is it a long process and will it guarantee that I keep the existing web address?

Any estimates on when the account will migrate, and would I be better to wait.

The email address registered with the account is switched of on 31 May 2017

Yes you will have the same domain name!!!
Who is your domain registrar??

You can wait for migration to new panel…depends on you.
Already migration is going on…as many user reported that…their account has been migrated.

I got the domain through 000webhost

Do we get a notification when the migration is done, or do I just have to keep logging in to the account on spec?

You can try the migration process manually;

1. Login to your old panel
  2. Go to migration page and proceed move account details.
  3. You will be able to login to old panel and new panel at the same time (Email address must be the same)
  4. Backup files to your computer via FTP
  5. Backup database to your computer via PHPMYADMIN
  6. Create new website in new panel
  7. Upload files and databases to new website.
    – Use file manager in Upload files section, How to upload files to 000webhost?
    – How to create a MySQL database on 000webhost.
    – How to Import MySQL Database on 000webhost
  8. Use old domain for your new website (Set Web Address section)
  9. Additionally, recheck if your website had cronjobs, redirects, password protected folders, IP deny rules, hotlink protections and setup it on new panel if needed.
  10. Setup mail forwarders if you use custom domain. This tutorial should help you out
  11. Setup subdomains. Check previous section Major changes between two system
  12. If everything is working correctly, terminate your old account and enjoy the new panel!

When I click on the “Go to migration page link” I get the below

Move to the new CPanel!
Checkout Migration to new panel post for latest news, tips, and common problem fixes.

Move account details

You already have an account in the new panel!

You will be able to login to old panel and new panel at the same time (Email address must be the same)
Backup files to your computer via FTP
Backup database to your computer via PHPMYADMIN
Create new website in new panel
Upload files and databases to new website.
    Use file manager in Upload files section
    Access PHPMYADMIN in Manage Databases section. Click Manage button in the DB list, then Manage DB (opens PHPMYADMIN page)
Use old domain for your new website (Set Web Address section)
If everything is working correctly, terminate your old account and enjoy the new panel!

When I click on the New Panel Link, or even the login, I go to a log in page and it returns me to the old panel

I followed what you said, but I can not seem to get to the new panel.

Try again from this link to login to new panel!!!

If it still redirects to old panel…then wait till your account gets migrated to new panel automatically

It redirected me to the old panel

Meanwhile I can not get the website I administer.

I got the following error message

XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/omni.ja!/chrome/browser/content/browser/aboutNetError.xhtml Line Number 536, Column 68:

&connectionFailure.longDesc;

I was also unable to use any of the file managers.

Have I destroyed our church website with this migration process?

The website is http://newcastlecoc.netai.net/

Your website is working fine!!!

Thanks, But File manager 3 would not work. I finished the session and then would not authenticate me, and the File manager 1 at first would not work

Try after some time…as developers are working on this to fix this soon!!!

I got a email from 000Webhost to my old freeserve email address.

I tried to log in and am still on the old CP Panel

I retried the above directions and each time the log in screen it taking me to the old CP panel

I now can not get the migration page

What am doing wrong and why aren’t 000Webhost directly contactable

@Sticks Migrations of accounts is being done in a queue.It will take some time for accounts to migrate.

Granted, but thanks to EE, I am running out of time. I need to change the email address assigned to the account. If only we could contact 000webhost directly instead of going through the forums

Sry but forum is the only medium.
Why don’t you create a new account with 000webhost with your new email id.(But remove domain first from your old account).

And leave the old account…Either it will be migrated or will be cancelled automatically.

Do we have any time scales to when these migrations will take place?

Will I see the new CP panel when I login after migration.

Will someone let us know when it is done?

My deadline is 31 May 2017 when EE shut down my Freeserve account, which my account here is registered with.

The issue about creating a new account is that I would need to ensure I can get the exact same web address, as that is the one published in the various directories of our church groupings.

1 Like

@Sticks As said in my previous post…it is being done in a queue, so can’t tell exactly.